wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Topic Author

Night training

Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 am

My mum had the brilliant (not) idea of night training S while I was down the coast. Cue 4 days of soaked bed linen. I gave up on the 4th night when she'd wet the bed by 10:15 and was still dead asleep.

So, should I be pushing the issue? She's 3yo 2mo and has been day trained for 8 months. Mum & MIL both said she'll keep weeing in her nappy as long as she's wearing it and has to learn to stay dry. Whereas I'd heard from various sources that she'd become dry in her own time and I should wait till she had consistently dry nappies in the morning. (Currently her nappies are very heavy in the morning).

I'd be happy to try Mum's method again starting February but thought I'd get other opinions first.

~loopy1~
I need a title!
I need a title!

Re: Night training

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:45 pm

DS was waking up soaked still, one night when he was 2.5 he decided he didn't want to wear a nappy to bed anymore (he'd been day trained for about 5 months) we went with it and didn't have too many wet nights, we used a brolly sheet knock off which gave me confidence. So for us waking up dry was irrelevant.

Megs
Formerly known as Megs4780
Formerly known as Megs4780

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:18 pm

I had to push the issue a little bit... she day trained at 2.5 years and then at about 3 years 4 months I tried her without night nappies, even though she was sometimes wet in the morning still. I think she was just weeing when she woke up at that stage though. I wouldn't push the issue if she has woken up wet the last 4 nights though.

Blue Bell
I need a title!
I need a title!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:59 pm

I just waited until he was dry morning after morning. He day trained at 2 y 1 m and night trained after 3 y sometime.

~MTM~
Parenting on a wing and a prayer
Parenting on a wing and a prayer

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm

I waited until the nappies were mostly dry and then started doing a toilet run before I went to bed.

I definitely waited until they seemed read and did things like toilet before bed and cutting out drinks past dinner to facilitate it. N still has the occasional accident. The girls were easier though

wacountrymum
Topic Author

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

So....it was like a switch was flipped and Soph woke up with a dry nappy 6 mornings out of 7. She's now been in knickers for over a week and completely dry even when she had gastro!

Amazing how quickly they make progress. So happy to have her out of nappies :)

Golfwidow
Beenie Bear
Beenie Bear

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm

My little girl has been day trained for over 12 months now but still wakes up with a wet nappy in the morning. Seems as though she wees in her sleep. I'm planning to wait till she starts waking up dry.

Boo Boo
I need a title!
I need a title!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am

We're doing this at the moment. DS trained day at 2 and was in night nappies since. But then I woke him up early one morning and his nappy was dry and he had a massive tanty about taking it off before he'd wee'd in it. So at that point I knew he was mostly night dry, but saving his morning wee for his nappy, then taking it off.

Needless to say night nappy went. It's been 2 weeks and he's pee'd the bed about 50% of the time and have 3 dry nights in a row (please don't have just jinx'd myself!)

At the end of it, it's your child, your sleep lost changing wet beds... if you don't think they're ready then don't do it yet.

GZIP: On | Load: 2.81