jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Patterns - boys clothes

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Does anyone have any good patterns for baby/toddler boys clothes? Any links or pattern numbers would be appreciated. Thank you :D

beck
See I finally got a title!

Re: Patterns - boys clothes

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:46 pm

only for pants and tbh its actually a girls or maybe unisex pattern, there is only crapo basics for boys.
You need to use mostly imagination for boys stuff!

kyliealysha
Mama on the Move
Mama on the Move

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I've got heaps but they're all in my magazines :D

http://www.ottobredesign.com

jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:00 pm

j.Bo wrote:
nope - just wanted to say hurry up already and make some boy stuff \:D/ \:D/
\

Or you could give in to the clucky feelings and have a girl :whistle:

I've seen one pattern about to be released but thought there must be more out there :(

leebee
康加行吸孔
康加行吸孔

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:55 pm

What exactly are you looking for? Pants? Overalls?

I have a couple of things but I'd have to dig them out. I have a draw full of vintage patterns. The Sewing for Baby/Sewing for Toddler books are good too though you have to imagine past the 80's fabrics and embellishments.

I also have a Get Creative basics book which has boys pants, tees and hoodies with variations - it was only $2 \:D/

There's also one I have my eye on which is for a toddler boys trench - I'm seriously considering getting in some wool-blend and making it for next year. :oops:

May
3 little bulls
3 little bulls

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Make it perfect have a pattern for boys shorts and overalls that are quite cute. It's called Little explorer. I was going to make Henry some christmas short overalls out of the pattern if I ever get my butt to spotlight! :lol:

leebee
康加行吸孔
康加行吸孔

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 pm

I love short overalls! :wub:

I also love bubble overalls for young todders - basically, short overalls with elastic in the legs, usually made out of light cotton. I wanted to make some for Oliver but never got around to it and now he's too old. :(

May
3 little bulls
3 little bulls

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:02 pm

http://makeitperfect.com.au/MIP/Little%20Explorer.html

that's the pattern i have.

I was going to do linen with christmas material for the patterned bits on the overalls.

kyliealysha
Mama on the Move
Mama on the Move

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 pm

shellymonster wrote:
http://makeitperfect.com.au/MIP/Little%20Explorer.html

that's the pattern i have.

I was going to do linen with christmas material for the patterned bits on the overalls.

OMG how adorable are these? Did you buy it from the site?

May
3 little bulls
3 little bulls

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 pm

umm TBH I can't remember which website I bought them from, it was a little while ago.

I just need to have the energy to make them... that's all i'm lacking right now! :lol:

jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:37 pm

The Little Explorer pattern is at the top of my list. Modern Retro Textiles has it and they have free postage :D (I swear I'm going to have to ask her for commissions soon :lol: )

Leigh - that Get Creative book sounds perfect. Did you find it at Spotlight? Where do you get the Sewing for Baby/Toddler books from?

Online or the numbers to buy at Spotlight are all good. I'm not fussed. I just want some cute clothes to make for my great nephew (I have plenty of time as he isn't due until April but I am just sooooooooooo excited that I want to get in early :oops: )

:rofl: @ Jo. Short overalls are good :lol:

Thank you so much everyone. It's nice to know that there are cute patterns out there - I just need to look.

leebee
康加行吸孔
康加行吸孔

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:54 pm

The Get Creative book I got at Spotlight - I think they own that brand, actually.

Sewing for Baby: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KWIK-SEWS-SEWING ... 27ad312c37

Sewing for Toddler: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KWIK-SEWS-SEWING ... 27ad312d83

I've seen both for sale at the local sewing shop recently, so I'm fairly sure they are still in print.

jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks Leigh. I'm reasonably sure that Get Creative is Spotlight's. I wish I'd grabbed more of the $2 patterns now. Might have to go and see if they have any left. Going to keep my eyes open for that book too!

May
3 little bulls
3 little bulls

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:28 pm

jo_d wrote:
Thank you so much everyone. It's nice to know that there are cute patterns out there - I just need to look.

There are but they are BLOODY HARD to find!!! And there isn't many there either. I've found that if I just find a good basics pattern for elastic waisted shorts/pants it's easy to dress them up with patches & pockets and things.

jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 pm

shellymonster wrote:
jo_d wrote:

There are but they are BLOODY HARD to find!!! And there isn't many there either. I've found that if I just find a good basics pattern for elastic waisted shorts/pants it's easy to dress them up with patches & pockets and things.

It just doesn't seem fair really does it :confused: Another cute way to dress them up is to put a constrasting fabric inside the leg and roll them up IYKWIM? It's going to be strange sewing for a little boy :lol:

beck

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 pm

jo_d wrote:
shellymonster wrote:
jo_d wrote:

It just doesn't seem fair really does it :confused: Another cute way to dress them up is to put a constrasting fabric inside the leg and roll them up IYKWIM? It's going to be strange sewing for a little boy :lol:

I did that with some pants for Laila, I think they turned out cute!

jasmilly
Big Ted
Big Ted

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I have a few of the ottobre mags well worth it

jo_d
"The Bag Lady"
"The Bag Lady"
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Dumb question sorry but where do you get the Ottobre mags from? I've only heard good things but have never seen them (other than on blogs.)

leebee
康加行吸孔
康加行吸孔

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Mail order from the Ottobre website.

When we move I'm going to (finally) get a subscription. I've been talking about it for like 3 years already.

jasmilly
Big Ted
Big Ted

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:48 am

leebee wrote:
Mail order from the Ottobre website.

When we move I'm going to (finally) get a subscription. I've been talking about it for like 3 years already.

Every time I order 1 mag I think to myself I should really get a subscription.... here is the link http://www.ottobredesign.com

GZIP: On | Load: 6.77