Merlot
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

E-audiobooks available to download for free

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:54 pm

They have just started this service at my library - as long as you are a member of your library you can log in to the BOLINDA site, download it in full or parts and then transfer it on to your Iphone/ipod etc.

kaylaris
Waiting on my New Direction

Re: E-audiobooks available to download for free

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 am

My library (I work there) is just setting up e-audiobook downloads but with a different provider

Merlot
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm

What provider is yours using kaylaris? I'm a member of two different libraries, one is using Bolinda and the other is Overdrive (?)
With the bolinda one it says that they send an email after two weeks to ask you to delete the file....are they just hoping people do this???

kaylaris

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Ours is with Clipper DL so another one altogether, not sure what ours does about returning yet...

jardins
Beenie Bear
Beenie Bear

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Archive . org has free audiobooks for download through its LibriVox Free Audiobook Collection.

From my understanding, the books are out of copyright or in the public domain and read by volunteers. A lot of the classics are there such as The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Moby Dick, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Pride and Prejudice, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Dracula, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, etc. Almost 10,000 titles are available.

See https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio

GZIP: On | Load: 2