Golfwidow
Beenie Bear
Beenie Bear
Topic Author

Car seat set up for 3

Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 am

Ok talk to me about car seats. I'm not sure what to do.

Currently I have miss 3 in a comfi cruiser in the middle and miss 1 in a safe n sound meridian behind passenger. This works well and I had planned to put capsule behind driver.

However, miss 3 (who turns 4 in just over a week) is too tall and heavy for her convertible booster. She weighs 19 kg and her shoulders are above the line marker to change to booster mode.
Only issue is that I can't reach the seat belt buckle so it's gonna be a pain when I put her in an adult belt (with booster). Especially as Miss 1 hates me leaning over her to buckle miss 3 in. (So currently she puts her harness on herself and I do up from drivers side or front seat.

So torn what to do.
Should I get a slimmer booster (like a hi liner) so there is hopefully more room for reaching seatbelt?

What have others done?

Golfwidow
Beenie Bear
Beenie Bear
Topic Author

Re: Car seat set up for 3

Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm

She does, but won't for long. I asked the manufacturer why they put the top slots there when they are above the markers.
They came back and told me it was for kids with wider girth. But then went on to tell me they have been updated and the new seats have the shoulder markers higher. She told me I could buy a new cover. I said I wouldn't as she will hit the next slots sooner than later. She came back and said if I get pulled over I could get fined for having her in an incorrectly fitting restraint.

trishalishous
I need a title!
I need a title!

Re: Car seat set up for 3

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 pm

We have baby love ezy combos which my 4yo will be in until about 7 yo. She's 112cm tall, 19 kg and seated hieght is 70 cm.
If we end up putting 3 across the back we are going to swap a ezy combo for a MREA as they have a narrower base. And put the new bub in our capsule which is RF to 12kg. It will go newborn behind driver, 4yo in the middle and 2yo behind passenger.

GZIP: On | Load: 4.63