Bells
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 am

Fee, you know I think of you every time I make the mince and lentils dish now. Impossible not to!

Bells
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:37 am

I should post it on my blog. I think it's a nice way to get recipes out there. That way I don't have to email them to my sister. She can just check my blog! :lol:

geniebean
kawaii mama
kawaii mama

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:09 am

:arrow: The Spag Bol recipe I posted
:arrow: Old El Paso Taco Kit

:arrow: Sang Choy Bow
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
1 clove garlic, crushed
600g pork and veal mince
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
250g bean sprouts, tips trimmed
200g fried noodles
3 green onions, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
8 large lettuce leaves

Heat oil in large saucepan and cook brown onion and garlic. Stir until onion is soft. Add mince and cook, stirring until mince is well browned.

Add combined sauces, simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.

Just before serving stir in sprouts, noodles, green onion and seeds. Divide mince mixture among lettuce leaves.
Last edited by geniebean on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

geniebean
kawaii mama
kawaii mama

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:10 am

Stuffed Mushrooms
15 button mushrooms (larger sizes)
1 c. mince (chicken, pork or beef)
1 tab. minced onion
1/4 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tab butter
1/4 pound butter
1 teas chilli powder
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 220C. Remove stems from mush & set aside
In small saucepan, add 1 tab. butter ground beef, onion, garlic, & chilli. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Add chopped mushroom stems. Cook on medium for 5mins. Remove from heat, add cream & mix well. Allow to cool.

Melt remaining butter. Dip mush caps in butter and place on baking dish/tray. Stuff mushrooms generously with stuffing and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 20-25mins. Serve hot.

geniebean
kawaii mama
kawaii mama

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:11 am

Quick Lamb Moussaka
2 tab olive oil
1 lge onion, chopped
1 gralic clove, crushed
3 cups lamb mince
400g can diced tomatoes
1/4 c chopped parsley
1 jar of grilled eggplant (it's with the jarred olives etc - I use the one with the sun on the bottle)
500g low fat natural yogurt (I use King Island Yoghurt)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup grated mozzarella

Preheat over to 180*C. Heat half of the oil in large frypan and cook lamb mince until cooked through. Set aside.

Place the other half of the oil into the frypan oh high. Saute onion & garlic for 1-2mins, until tender.

Stir in lamb, tomatoes & parsley. Season to taste.

Spoon into casserole dish (I use disposable foil ones from coles). Top with a layer of eggplant.

In a bowl, combine yogurt & beaten eggs. Pour over eggplant. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 20-25mins. Serve with salad.

Yummo. Oh and you can use light sour cream instead of yogurt if you'd prefer but I don't think it tastes as good.

Bells
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:39 am

geniebean wrote:
Quick Lamb Moussaka
2 tab olive oil
1 lge onion, chopped
1 gralic clove, crushed
3 cups lamb mince
400g can diced tomatoes
1/4 c chopped parsley
1 jar of grilled eggplant (it's with the jarred olives etc - I use the one with the sun on the bottle)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup grated mozzarella

Preheat over to 180*C. Heat half of the oil in large frypan and cook lamb mince until cooked through. Set aside.

Place the other half of the oil into the frypan oh high. Saute onion & garlic for 1-2mins, until tender.

Spoon into casserole dish (I use disposable foil ones from coles). Top with a layer of eggplant.

In a bowl, combine yogurt & beaten eggs. Pour over eggplant. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 20-25mins. Serve with salad.

Yummo. Oh and you can use light sour cream instead of yogurt if you'd prefer but I don't think it tastes as good.

I have lamb mince out defrosting for tonight and knew I wanted to do something with eggplant. This is perfect! Great timing G. Thanks!

Bells

jakesmummy
Just Jake!
Just Jake!

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Thank you FEE!!! I just made the tortilla pie and it looks and smells delicious! Andy wants to have dinner now and its not even 5 o'clock!

jakesmummy
Just Jake!
Just Jake!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:13 pm

It was yummo!! We just had it with salad, theres heaps left, I think ill have some now!.....

geniebean
kawaii mama
kawaii mama

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:00 am

Bells wrote:
geniebean wrote:
Quick Lamb Moussaka
2 tab olive oil
1 lge onion, chopped
1 gralic clove, crushed
3 cups lamb mince
400g can diced tomatoes
1/4 c chopped parsley
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup grated mozzarella

I have lamb mince out defrosting for tonight and knew I wanted to do something with eggplant. This is perfect! Great timing G. Thanks!

Bells

No worries. How did it go?

Bells
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:26 am

geniebean wrote:
No worries. How did it go?

Not bad. I didn't quite have all the ingredients - (mainly for the topping). And I used fresh baby eggplant and grilled it first - it was yummy. I'd definitely do it again. Sean loved it.

Naru
Tiggers are wonderful things
Tiggers are wonderful things

Thu May 04, 2006 7:23 pm

Tonight's dinner is hamburger patties. We have lots of bread rolls that are getting old, so I needed to do something that used up the bread.

Mix mince with breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and herbs if desired. With wet hands, create patties, then grill.

Sorry about the lack of quantities, I just judge it until it seems to hold together.

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue May 09, 2006 5:53 pm

Fee - we are going to try the savory mince with pasta tonight. Will let you know how it goes

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue May 09, 2006 6:10 pm

Sunshine wrote:
pollylou wrote:
Fee - we are going to try the savory mince with pasta tonight. Will let you know how it goes

Same here! In fact this will be the first time we've made it... :) But as I mentioned above, it's a recipe of Mark's mum.

Well we can compare notes after!!

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue May 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Nope its pretty much the same thing.

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 pm

Ours was yummy - I followed the recipe exact for this time - next time Ill add more vegies - maybe some zuchinni and carrot.
I used big pasta as it was all I had and I think it is better with small pasta - maybe shells? But we both liked it alot and are looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow.

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Im going to make this again tonight Fee - cause its so easy and Im feeling lazy!!!

chinesedragon
Shuangxi
Shuangxi

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:15 am

thanks for posting these Fee.

Need some new mince receipes... which one to try first though ???

TamLee
Little Ted
Little Ted

Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Hey Fee, Im going to try out the Tortilla Pie tonight :D thanks for posting up the receipe

Jane
Anything But Plain
Anything But Plain

Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:39 pm

I don't eat red meat but looking at these it kinda makes me want to. I said to Jonathan that mince would probably be the next thing I would try. (Just don't like meat but for the baby's sake am trying to bring myself to eat more).

TamLee
Little Ted
Little Ted

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:09 pm

Good Luck Jane if you actually try red meat

GZIP: On | Load: 3.32