kel81
I need a title!
I need a title!

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:32 am

geniebean wrote:
Quick Lamb Moussaka
Yummo. Oh and you can use light sour cream instead of yogurt if you'd prefer but I don't think it tastes as good.

Gina, we had this last night...and you're right "YUMMO". I grilled some fresh eggplant and added some peas and mushrooms too...It is sooo easy and quick. Thanks for posting it Gina.

Roxy76
Formerly known as ~Nat~
Formerly known as ~Nat~

Mexican Beef and Potato Bake

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:10 am

This one looks delish!!

There is a picture at: http://svc252.wic011v.server-web.com/ki ... spx?id=138

Mexican Beef and Potato Bake

Serves
6 - 8

Ingredients

1 litre Campbell's Real Stock - Beef
8 medium potatoes (1 ½ kg), peeled, cut in 1cm slices
1 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 small red or green capsicum, diced
1kg lean beef mince
1 tbsp Mexican Chilli Powder seasoning*
2 tbsp tomato paste
300g tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups grated tasty cheese

Method

1.Place stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat then add sliced potatoes into simmering stock and cook for 8-10 minutes until just tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and reserve 1 ½ cups of the remaining stock for mince mixture.

2.Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan and cook onion and capsicum for 5 minutes. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes until well browned.

3.Add dry chilli mix and tomato paste and stir to combine well. Add reserved stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in kidney beans.

4.Layer half the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased 2 Litre ovenproof baking dish. Top with half the mince mixture. Sprinkle a little of the grated cheese over the mince. Top with remaining potatoes, mince then cheese.

5.Bake at 200°C for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Rest in baking dish for 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with guacamole** and sour cream and a side salad.

*Make your own Mexican Chilli Seasoning by combining 1 teaspoon each of ground chilli powder, ground oregano, ground paprika, ground cumin and garlic granules.

**Cathy's Guacamole:Chop up one ripe avocado then mix it with one small chopped tomato, a heaped tablespoon each of sour light cream and mayonnaise, a dash of Tabasco sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a little or a lot of crushed garlic & chilli depending on your tastes. Season with sea salt & freshly ground pepper. Enjoy

sparkles
Mama Bear
Mama Bear

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:48 pm

Sunshine,

Just wanted to let you know that i used your tortilla pie recipe the other night, and it was delicious!! (and so easy to make) It will definitely be a regular dish....

*elisa*
Formerly known as Renee
Formerly known as Renee

Re: Mince recipes

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 am

Sunshine wrote:
Just wanted to add this recipe that Gina and I like so much.

Oh I agree! Chris actually asked if I could make it as one of his first meals when he comes home. It is REALLY yummy!

geniebean
kawaii mama
kawaii mama

Re:

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:09 am

kel81 wrote:
geniebean wrote:
Quick Lamb Moussaka
Yummo. Oh and you can use light sour cream instead of yogurt if you'd prefer but I don't think it tastes as good.

Gina, we had this last night...and you're right "YUMMO". I grilled some fresh eggplant and added some peas and mushrooms too...It is sooo easy and quick. Thanks for posting it Gina.

Renee wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Oh I agree! Chris actually asked if I could make it as one of his first meals when he comes home. It is REALLY yummy!

Just saw this - no worries at all. I'm glad you both liked it! :D

cake_addict
'they tried to make me go to rehab...'
'they tried to make me go to rehab...'

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 pm

Fee - I had been meaning to try the Tortilla Pie for about a year (hahaha!) and finally made it on the weekend. OMG it was delish! J has requested that it be a regular, so I must have done something right :lol: I didn't have any burrito seasoning so I used Tuscan spices (the Masterfoods one) and I used taco sauce instead of salsa. Yummmmm! Thanks so much!

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:34 pm

Renee wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Im going to try this tonight.

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:59 pm

pollylou wrote:
Renee wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Im going to try this tonight.

We loved it!! and its even better the next day.

Manda
I put the chic in geek
I put the chic in geek

Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:48 pm

*BUMP*

I'm always looking for more mince recipes. Might have to try one of these tonight! :)

dolphin
water baby
water baby

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:14 pm

after all this time i finally got keith to make the tortilla pie and we both really enjoyed it!

thanks fee. :)

Molly5
Mama Bear
Mama Bear

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Oh Fee!! I just made your Spinach, Lentil curry.....OH MY LORD...it is devine. It was so easy and SUPER yummy!

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:29 am

I am going to make the Beef mince and pea curry tonight - I actually found the recipe in one of my folders - I must have cut it out to try ages ago - and then saw it again in this thread, so will post how it goes this evening.

pollylou
Polly Wants A Cracker
Polly Wants A Cracker

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 pm

made it but thought it was a bit bland mind you I used a milder curry paste so I think next time Ill use madras and see if that makes the difference.

~peta~
Nappy Detective and your OSFM gal

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:37 pm

madibelle wrote:
can you do the lentil and spinich one in the slow cooker?

I tried but it wasnt as good. Must try again.

Roxy76
Formerly known as ~Nat~
Formerly known as ~Nat~

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 pm

I am currently cooking Mince, Lentil and Spinach Curry ..and man does it smell good!! i love curries so added extra spices to it. Plus had to use canned organic lentils as only decided tonight to make this and hadn't soaked packet lentils..but still looking just as good! thinking of adding some fresh green beans to it also and some tinned organic chickpeas. Even sweet potato or pumpkin would work well too! such a great dish to base so many other dishes off! love the combination of spices! :D :D :D

brook
Brookworm
Brookworm

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:43 am

you need to soak some lentils but not the red ones

Roxy76
Formerly known as ~Nat~
Formerly known as ~Nat~

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

ah well! it turned out soo yummy anyway!

differences & additions i did
used canned organic lentils instead
added canned organic chickpeas - loved it!!! was so good!
added chopped fresh green beans
added extra of each of the spices

Next time thinking of putting half the packet spinach in and adding baby spinach leaves to make up other half. I found the spinach took over the flavour a bit, still delish though! :D

Roxy76
Formerly known as ~Nat~
Formerly known as ~Nat~

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 pm

madibelle wrote:
I have done this in the slower cooker today I added extra of the spices plus a little Curry Powder the whole packet of lentils and also used split peas(did not have to soak though as using slow cooker)

Have not put the Spinich in Yet Roxy may take your advice

It looks and smells great

Just so you know, we had leftovers today and couldn't taste the spinach at all, so all worked out!! :D

Blue Bell
I need a title!
I need a title!

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:51 pm

I think I'm going to have to join the club and make this Mince, Lentil and Spinach Curry. It's on the menu plan for this week.

~peta~

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Blue Bell wrote:
I think I'm going to have to join the club and make this Mince, Lentil and Spinach Curry. It's on the menu plan for this week.

Its the best! We are having it as leftovers tonight for dinner on toasted sambos.

Love it! So yum!!!

GZIP: On | Load: 7.35