Malswife
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Preparing a sibling for a new baby

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 pm

We have noticed Connor getting more and more anxious about the baby coming as it gets closer - things like wanting DH to stay at home instead of going to the hospital, Connor not wanting to come to the hospital etc. Do you think that it would help if we knew the gender before? He is adamant that it has to be a boy so I am a bit worried if it ends up being a girl. If we found out earlier, he could get a bit more involved with the preparation in terms of buying things for the baby, for the nursery, choosing names etc. I dont know what to do. Help.

Malswife
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Re: Preparing a sibling for a new baby

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Sorry, he is 3 on Friday. Some days he is very excited and then other days he won't talk about it or will cry at the idea of having the baby. We have six weeks left to go till the baby's born

Malswife
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Re: Preparing a sibling for a new baby

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 pm

He hasnt been to any of the scans but he comes to all of the OB appointments. Originally we didnt want to know what the sex was but now we dont care, and if it helps prepare him then we dont mind. That, and it means that it is easier with names! We already have a present from the baby to him that he will get at hospital and we will take him to the shops to buy one for the baby. We are spending a bit of time talking about it and he spends a lot of time giving the baby raspberries but then he gets sad. It is his birthday on Friday and he doesnt want it or the party - I think part of that is because he knows that once he turns 3, the baby will be here. He also doesnt want his Oma to come over and visit because then he thinks that it means the baby is coming. Poor little sausage :(

GZIP: On | Load: 3.68