rubysmummy
Baby Bear
Baby Bear
Topic Author

Grobag sizes ... little help please?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:18 pm

I don't know if this is in the right section ... thought about putting it under the sleep section but it's not sleep related, as such.

I've just bought my daughter the 18-36 month Grobag (she is 20 months). Not having used Grobags before, and buying online, I didn't realise the bloody things are MASSIVE! Honestly when I unrolled it my first thought was that she'll be fitting into it when she starts school.
I'm thinking about trying to sell it and buying the 6-18mth bag instead, but I'm wondering how much difference it will really make. The 6-18 month bag is 15cm shorter, but I can't find out the measurements for across the chest and the armholes, which are the areas I would prefer it to be a more snug fit.
Does anyone use Grobags and can tell me how much difference you think it would make? It is starting to get cool here at night so I will probably be using it soon, as DD doesn't keep her blankets on.
I don't really want to try it on her if I can avoid it because if I'm to sell it I would rather keep it as unused as possible and not pull off any tags etc.
Does anyone have any ideas? Or two bags in the different sizes you could possibly measure?
Thank you!!

rubysmummy
Baby Bear
Baby Bear
Topic Author

Re: Grobag sizes ... little help please?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

That would be fantastic, thank you! :)

Blue Bell
I need a title!
I need a title!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

I have a 21 month old who is using the 18-36 mth Grobags intermittently. I still use the 6-18 mth ones first, but if they are in the wash or still wet then I grab the next size up and it's been fine. It does look big, but it's still ok.

I wouldn't return them TBH. I'd just start using them, as long as the arm/neck holes are ok. Try her in it, I'm sure it won't dirty the Grobag just in case you aren't happy and do want to sell it.

rubysmummy
Baby Bear
Baby Bear
Topic Author

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks for your replies, Blue Bell i think i'll do as you suggest and carefully try her in it. The head hole looks okay as she has quite a big melon lol but maybe if the armholes are too big i could put a stitch in them and then remove it down the track.

Boo Boo
I need a title!
I need a title!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Also, think about how long it will be until she's not using it, you'd hate to sell it, loose money then have to buy another one in 3 or 4 months because she grew. I think the stitch under her arms is perfect, otherwise the length is kind of irrelevent, as long as she's safe in the top of it.

rubysmummy
Baby Bear
Baby Bear
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks ladies, I have decided to keep it. :thumb:
Radge thanks so much for your offer of the photos but I don't think I need to make you dig up your Grobags to compare. Was thinking about what Boo Boo said and also the fact that my daughter will be spending a night at my brother's house in a couple of weeks. Where they live the nights are already getting really cold. If I was to buy another Grobag it wouldn't get here in time. It will only be for one night but I still hate the thought of her spending a night cold and uncomfortable, especially away from home.
Thanks again for your help. :)

Boo Boo
I need a title!
I need a title!

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 am

I love it when people like what i say :lol: :oops:

GZIP: On | Load: 5.5