wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Topic Author

Re: Getting kids in the car

Thu May 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I can't manage carrying my 10kg boofer, a bag and wrangling the toddler. So I ALWAYS have the baby in the pram. I leave the pram on the sidewalk, strap toddler in, then baby and then put pram in boot. By this stage I'm cursing under my breath :rofl:

Blue Bell
I need a title!
I need a title!

Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm sure I did it both ways at various times, but I put the baby in first most times. So just asked the toddler to wait at the side/end of the car or on the footpath (depending where we were) and put the baby in first.

wacountrymum
Topic Author

Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Hmm all I can suggest is bribing her to stay in her carseat till you can strap her in. Does she like reading? You could give her a book. Or food. Stickers. Then hopefully it will become a habit.

Blue Bell
I need a title!
I need a title!

Fri May 03, 2013 8:07 am

If you're toddler won't stand on the side then I'd definitely put her in first. Ask her to sit in her car seat and put her harness on while you put the baby in. She will probably like the responsibility of being a big girl and being able to help you with her car seat.

Alibubba
This girl is all out of Milo!
This girl is all out of Milo!

Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 am

Do you have a car dvd player? You could put toddler onto car seat whilst holding baby, turn dvd on and even while its loading up it could be a distraction for dd whilst you buckle the baby in?

Jessie
Snap happy mumma
Snap happy mumma

Getting kids in the car

Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah I have a few toys/books on the floor for the kids to distract them there's no way in hell my kids would stand next to the car & wait they are both runners.

GZIP: On | Load: 3.17