1 (9%)
other
No votes

Total votes: 11

~Shell~
Can't hand this one back
Can't hand this one back
Topic Author

Buying kids clothes - sizing Q (and poll)

Mon May 27, 2013 6:39 am

We don't have that problem with B - seeing as how he doesn't really grow, we are getting loads of wear out of his clothes!!! Seriously though, when they were younger, I would buy say 6-12 months size which would be huge at first but we would get two seasons out of them. I have bought bigger school uniforms for R as they are so expensive and I want two year at least out of them! She is on the smaller side so we tend to get two seasons out of most of her stuff anyway.

C
I need a title!
I need a title!

Re: Buying kids clothes - sizing Q (and poll)

Mon May 27, 2013 7:49 am

I buy the right size but one season ahead during the sales. I buy certain brands and I know how the sizing fits for a tall skinny boy like A. I know that he starts spring wearing the right size but by autumn he is ready to move up to the next size. A is very skinny in the waist so we mostly don't size up because it is too loose in the waiat

Cherry
Peace, Love & Mung Beans
Peace, Love & Mung Beans

Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 am

A grows the most at the end of the year when its close to her birthday so when she turns 5 i'm already buying size 6 clothes and they fit for most of the year.

princess_sparkle*
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows...
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows...

Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

When I buy clothes I aim for them to last at least a year, so for example he is age 3.5 and size 3 but I just bought size 4 winter clothes. Those winter clothes will do two winters, and he will get size 4 summer clothes at the end of the year (turning 4) when his size 3 ones are a little small.

julz-maree
Tassie Devil
Tassie Devil

Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 pm

kittykat wrote:
I buy with just a little room for growth, so they get a good wear out of whatever it is.

This
Summer varies a lot she's almost 6 but still wears some 4 especially in trousers I'd never buy her a 6 in trousers they wouldn't fit for 3 years and she wouldn't wear them if they are to big

I don't buy them massive because it doesn't look nice. I do buy in the sales a bigger size for the next year if I see stuff I like

mogle
Me and The City
Me and The City

Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I buy with a little room to grow. At the moment S is wearing a mix of 4s and 5s as I always buy the next size up and keep it aside, so we can move straight into it as she's ready.

julz-maree
Tassie Devil
Tassie Devil

Tue May 28, 2013 7:38 am

I was thinking about this a bit more last night if I'm buying a $5 tshirt or a $10 dress I but the size that fits now because its not going to last 2 seasons anyway.

Bubbles
Big Ted
Big Ted

Tue May 28, 2013 8:17 am

C wrote:
I buy the right size but one season ahead during the sales.

Pretty much this.

GeoLay
~ Twinsane ~
~ Twinsane ~

Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Now days, its so hard for LR.. She is almost 6, but wears a size 9-10.. She isn't overweight, but she is tall like me. I try and buy 9s, but sometimesi compare the 9 and 10 and if there isn't a huge difference I buy the bigger so it lasts a bitd longer. That's providing that too big doesn't look , well, too big!

G, well, he still fits in his size 4.. I have started buying size 5s for them to last a bit longer, I could probably buy for him this winter and it would probably still last him next year at the rate he is growing

The cheaper items, I buy for now.. My kids are messy, so it will likely be ruined after the forst month anywats :lol:

If its a nice outfit, such as a nice jacket, I choose the size that might last longer, if it still fits then good now

wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Formerly known as wacountrybride

Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm

I buy what will fit them now. But I always buy during sales.

GZIP: On | Load: 3.59