Happy Mummy
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Re: Bathing 2 kids routine

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am

My kids are 2yrs apart. Before we moved it was really easy as we had a great bath that was easy to have Charlie playing up one end and me holding Ollie down the other end. When it was time to get them out I'd pull Olls out first and wrap him in towel and lay / sit him on the floor on a sheepskin or extra towels. Then pull Charlie out and wrap him in towel, then he'd walk out to the lounge room and I'd carry Ollie and I'd dress them out there.

Our current house, and we moved here when Olls was 6months old, has a massive corner spa and it was a farkin nightmare to bathe him in, I had to be in there with him. Lucky it had a 'channel' in the bottom and then a ledge a bit higher up so I could squat on that and not be in the water as such.

It gets easier the older they are :)

Good luck with finding something that works!

Boo Boo
I need a title!
I need a title!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 pm

There we in together from Lucy being about 4 months. I had her in one of those bath recliner things, then a bath seat then just in there when she was ready. I would have her clothes ready so would put James in, then Lucy in. Bath.... then Lucy out and James out. When she was quite little I had the washing basket with a fleece in it adn once out I'd put her in there so she was comfy and couldn't get in my way.

Now... it's towels on heads and nuddy runs around the house!

kyliealysha
Mama on the Move
Mama on the Move

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 pm

They bath together. When stu was a baby I would have all his stuff in the bathroom ready so after he was clean I would take him out and dress him while Emma played in the bath. She was old enough to dry and dress herself though, I was really just supervising her.

krita
I need a title!
I need a title!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 pm

They go together, I have the change table in the bathroom, so I get DD out and dressed while DS plays, then I bring them both into the lounge while I dress DS.

wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

My kids are similar age to yours - 2.6y and 8.5m. I start prepping dinner at 4:30 and inbetween then and eating at 6, I bath them together. Todder gets in, then I strip baby and put him in. He was in a bath seat until last week. I don't fill the bath up too much otherwise its too hard to control him. I get baby out first and then toddler climbs out.

Hope our responses help :)

wacountrymum

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Yeah I find it hard to bath after dinner. Although baby is a mess after dinner so it would make more sense! On the odd occasion I do it after dinner, its the quickest bath in history :)

~Shell~
Can't hand this one back
Can't hand this one back

Bathing 2 kids routine

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 am

I bathed them together from day one. We had a recliner seat thing at first which was a huge help. I would get B out first and dry him off then R. I had all their clothes in the lounge room and would take them there and dress B and R would dress herself which minimal help from me.

C
I need a title!
I need a title!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:22 am

They bath together, have done since I could put J into the bath (around 5 mths old? I put him in one of those reclining seat things). My eldest would get in first, then I put J into the seat, wash him, then get J out and dry him. And then I would deal with my eldest whilst J sat in the bouncer.

I have always bathed after dinner as J is the most horrendously messy eater ever.

~Emmylou~
Monster Madness
Monster Madness

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 am

Bath together. J used to be in a bath seat til she could sit unaided. I take her out first wrap in towel take to loungeroom then go get C. My house is tiny so can see C from loungeroom

Bubbles
Big Ted
Big Ted

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:03 pm

kyliealysha wrote:
They bath together. When stu was a baby I would have all his stuff in the bathroom ready so after he was clean I would take him out and dress him while Emma played in the bath.

I did the same, then once Bub was dressed, she'd lay on a towel on the floor while I dried/dressed DS.

GZIP: On | Load: 2.79