Alibubba
This girl is all out of Milo!
This girl is all out of Milo!
Topic Author

I told my mum off lol

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

On the first week of school holiday's we are going to my mum's farm and also their new beach house. She told me today that she had got some coco pops as a treat for the boys.
I told her they had never had them and I would prefer they didn't as I would never hear the end of it plus I think they are a pointless cereal lol
Poor mum, she wanted to spoil her boys but the mumma bear in me just knew the consequences I would then have to deal with.
So we compromised and we will make chocolate crackles out of them as a treat.

So glad mum didn't fight me on this and warned me.

wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Formerly known as wacountrybride

Re: I told my mum off lol

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm

What is it with grandparents wanting to spoil their grandkids with junk food?! My dad asked if O could have a kitkat....why does a 9mo need chocolate? Spoil my kids by reading them stories and spending time with them. My mil is the worst offender. She will give my dd cake, ice cream and jellybeans all in one visit.

Glad your mum didn't spring it on you at breakfast time lol.

kyliealysha
Mama on the Move
Mama on the Move

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:07 pm

:lol: At least she gave you warning.

My mum wrapped up a small jar of nutella for Emma in her Christmas stocking. It's OK, she warned me first :lol: I let her go for it, as she will never get it at home :lol:

Megs
Formerly known as Megs4780
Formerly known as Megs4780

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 pm

At least she checked! My parents are good on the food front and will check. I've had words with ILs about it... so now they hand stuff to C and tell her to ask me if she can have it :roll: Not sure why a 3 year old needs chocolate at 9am

Kizzy
I need a title!
I need a title!

I told my mum off lol

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:01 am

Megs wrote:
At least she checked! My parents are good on the food front and will check. I've had words with ILs about it... so now they hand stuff to C and tell her to ask me if she can have it :roll: Not sure why a 3 year old needs chocolate at 9am

My IL's do this too - makes me look like the bad guy! Or they will give it to the boys on the sly and tell them it's a secret and don't tell mummy, makes me so angry!!

~Emmylou~
Monster Madness
Monster Madness

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:13 am

I have to write things down for my MIL when she watches the kids & my Dad gets told off in a joking way about it. He sees the kids once every 2mths due to his work

Boo Boo
I need a title!
I need a title!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:24 am

I think it's great that she ran it past you. When my sister flys in to visit mum, mum just doens't get anything anymore coz she's so worried about being told off... Personally I'm not that fussed as it's just sometimes and they eat enough good stuff to balance it out.

clark24
Beenie Bear
Beenie Bear

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:03 pm

wow!!
what a nice info here. Thanks for sharing this info.
Last edited by clark24 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missy
I need a title!
I need a title!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 pm

My mum has seen my kids after they have eaten high sugar snacks and she won't go there again.

ILs are a little sneaky and give the eldest lollies to hide in his bag from mummy. I throw them out.

GZIP: On | Load: 3.04