Happy Mummy
I need a title!
I need a title!
Topic Author

Why do you think he does this?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:38 pm

99% of nights Ollie will end up in our bed! and when he's there he needs to be cuddling or touching or on top of us, usually DH.

My mum suggested that he might be feeling insecure and I agreed that might be an issue as DH especially was yelling a lot and there was a lot of stress in the house. Things have settled dramatically and Ollie is more settled and better behaved, but still coming in.

He's really tactile and a sensory seeker, he needs lots of cuddles and attention.

I'm not sure if it's just habit, but to me it seems to be more, like he just needs to have someone there.

What do you think?

Oh and he's not long turned 4.

C
I need a title!
I need a title!

Re: Why do you think he does this?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm

I have no idea but my toddler is like that at the moment - just a little clingy bear and needing us to be right next to him.

Does he sleep with a toy? Would a Pillow Pet be enough comfort for him?

Hibiscus
Formerly known as omzie

Re: Why do you think he does this?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

DD1 is very similar and has always liked to sleep with me, and very close to me. When she was about 18 months old she liked to sleep with her arms wrapped tightly around my neck and our cheeks pressed up against each other. It was uncomfortable to say the least, but very sweet. :lol:

Just recently I have decided to stop fighting to keep her in her own bed overnight and told her that when I go to bed I'll open her door and she is allowed to come in to our bed if she wakes after that. She's been coming in every night and we are all getting more sleep!

Her main argument was always that it's not fair that she has to sleep by herself, and TBH I kind of agree. We all like to snuggle someone while we sleep. :D

GZIP: On | Load: 3.31