wacountrymum
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Formerly known as wacountrybride
Topic Author

Updates!

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm

My son started crawling the other day :) just before he was 9 months. He's been rocking on his hands and knees since 6.5 months so its been a long time coming. He's also clapping hands and playing peek a boo with his sister. He's eating everything we are. Sleeping 2 hrs during the day which is a godsend.

My daughter is 3 soon and a little character. She repeats so much of what I say and do. Today she couldn't climb up on her dads office chair so she stood there and said 'this is ridiculous!'. When her brother wakes from his nap, she yells out 'I'm coming O llie, be there in a minute!' :lol: She's developing her imagination, there are creatures in her bedroom all the time. She's very feisty, doesn't like being told what to do, just like her dad.

Tell us about your kids :)

~MTM~
Parenting on a wing and a prayer
Parenting on a wing and a prayer

Re: Updates!

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:06 am

C is 13, in year 8 and completely head first into the adolescent stage. She can be sullen, sulking, isolative, argumentative. But she can also be sweet and affectionate and a good sister.

I don't like her friends, I don't like her attitude to school. She doesn't pay attention, she doesn't do Her work, she allows herself to be distracted and is a distraction herself to her other classmates.

I'll get back to you on the others lol

ktpoo
Wondermummy
Wondermummy

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Aww this is a lovely idea! It is so nice to have a snapshot of what is happening with all the kids!

M aggie is 17 months old now. She goes to daycare two days a week (I work 3 days a week at the moment) and she has the whole centre eating out of the palm of her hand. I say it is like 'Something about Mary'....only it is 'Something about M aggie'....she has a magnetism about her! She is very active and fearless. Watches her 4.5 yr old brother and then copies - or ups the anti! She is absolutely adorable and a wonderful model for the children's clothing I make.

A ngus is 4.5 and gearing up for school next year. He absolutely adores his little sister - sometimes to death though and we often have to pull him off her as his cuddles look more like smothers. He loves to play chasey with her. He is very interested in letters and sounds and loves telling us what sounds he can see or hear in words. Still trying to light the fire of interest in writing though as he seems to be a perfectionist or is lacking in confidence and still wants help to write his name. He will go to the school where I teach next year so that will be interesting for all of us haha!

tinabeans
Bring me a shrubbery!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm

DS is 19 months, and is turning into a wonderful little man. He is talking more every day, has lots of words now, and is starting to communicate concepts with us. He has good physical development as well, he was showing off by walking backwards yesterday. He loves reading and the Wiggles. He is obsessed with animals and attempts to cuddle our pets. He is a bit of a picky eater, love his dairy and fruit, but is picky with meat and bread/potato. He eats peas and broccoli at least!

We have bought a block and are in the process of choosing a builder and house. We have done a lot of work on our place, so that we can sell it once the new house is close to completion (hopefully).

Jodes- I hope you get a BFP soon :(

ktpoo- lovely that your two get on so well

MTM- I am not looking forward to teenage years

kittykat- I can't believe your DD is 9 months already

wa- hooray for crawling. Your DD sounds like a real little character

ktpoo
Wondermummy
Wondermummy

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am

tinabeans - wow....your little man sounds so clever! Walking backwards! What a character!!
My DS didn't like meat as a toddler either....infact he still doesn't - at all!

Jodes - I'm so sorry you are having to make difficult decisions re ttc again. My fingers and everything else are crossed for a BFP in the near future.
Great news about your DH's promotion (well apart from the pay drop). DH has a good job for spending time as a family but it does come at a financial cost too unfortunately.

MTM - I can't even imagine parenting a teenager! With each passing year as the kids gain more autonomy and I lose a little more control it gets harder LOL! At least she sounds fairly typical haha!

KittyKat - Sorry to hear your DD is not a good night sleeper - sounds like my DD too. Happy to say we seem to be out the other side now though at 17 months so my fingers are crossed that it happens sooner for you! The starting school dilemma you have with your DS2 is a really tough one! We are sending DS but he will have just turned 5 the fortnight before school starts. I was ok with that until I found out there are a few that have held back so they are turning 6. I've already paid the deposit now though so it is too late. I just hope we are doing the right thing for him.
It sounds like your DS1 is thriving though!

wacountrymum - your daughter sounds adorable. It is hilarious when they start saying things you have said yourself. It sounds like she loves her little brother! I'll bet none of her toys are safe now that your DS is on the move!

Happy Mummy
I need a title!
I need a title!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

My Charlie boy is 6 now and at prep. He has Autism, but with early intervention we've seen so much of a change in him, school has helped immensely too! He's a fun kid, I really enjoy his company.

Oll's is 4 and a cyclone!!! He's just a wild child and a real handful! He needs a lot of sleep or he becomes impossible. He's funny and has me laughing all the time!

GZIP: On | Load: 2.94